Booking a body wax for the first time can be daunting- In fact, even those who are well practised in the world of wax often feel apprehension towards that routine salon trip. From feeling self-conscious to dealing with those nagging questions- Will It hurt? How long will it hurt for? Have I let my hair grow in enough for it to be effective? We’ve all been here.
Stress no more- Here at PURE, we want to make sure that our clients have the most comfortable an successful salon trips possible. We offer a wide variety of body waxing for both male and female clients, from Underarm to Hollywood or full body for those looking for an all-over skin smoothing beauty overhaul.
We have created this Handy Guide to Waxing to ensure that all of your worries and questions are answered, and you can be as informed as possible about what to expect from your waxing appointment at PURE
Using hot or strip wax to remove body hair over shaving or other alternative comes with heaps of benefits:
· Say Goodbye to Itchy Skin– There’s nothing like a bit of razor burn to ruin your day- that red bumpy irritating rash is a thing of the past as soon as you ditch those razors!
· Waxing is proven to produce fewer and finer regrowth than removal cream and shaving- so your legs appear smoother for longer
· Less chance of ingrown hairs, so you can finally put those tweezers away!
· Fast and efficient- lie back and relax while our therapist does all the work
Our therapists use the best hair removal products on the market, you have the choice between hot wax or strip wax so you can feel totally comfortable throughout your treatment.
Australian Bodycare- The brand leader in Tea Tree Oil products since 1992. The waxing products not only heal but maintain naturally clean and healthy skin and hair. Whilst the distinctive scent of Tea Tree Oil disappears quickly, the antiseptic effect continues to protect skin.
Perron Rigot– Natural and market leading waxing beads designed for extremely supple for comfortable application
Our therapist are highly trained and have developed waxing techniques that are gentle on skin, fast, less painful, skin-friendly for both, males and females. No matter what kind of waxing you choose: facial, body or intimate, we will deliver superior results. And once your treatment is done, ask our therapists about waxing aftercare products in our salons.
One of the main benefits of waxing is that you don’t have to do much- but there are a few things you should keep in mind prior to your appointment to make things easier for both you and your therapist and guarantee the best results.
1. Don’t shave beforehand– let your hair grow out as much as possible, if your hair is short then our therapist will not be able to carry out the treatment. Hair should be no less than a quarter of an inch long to make sure that the wax can pick the hairs up.
2. Exfoliate– This isn’t an essential step but gentle exfoliation prior to your waxing appointment can ease pain during the treatment as well as leaving your skin silky smooth.
3. Don’t apply any cream or tan to the skin before waxing as this may interfere with the wax and prevent it sticking
4. Be comfortable- wear loose fitting comfortable clothes! Your skin may feel a little irritation directly after your treatment so it’s important to take steps to be as comfortable as possible. If you are coming in for a bikini wax remember- cotton underwear works best!
5. Drink plenty of water before and after- keeping your body hydrated can help target and reduce pain.
After your appointment, your therapist will talk you through some detailed aftercare instructions to ensure that you get the most out of your wax and prevent any pain or irritation. Here are a few things to remember:
1. If having a bath or shower post-appointment, ensure that the water is not too hot as this might cause some irritation. Lukewarm is best.
2. Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction for 24 hours.
3. Don’t use saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs or sun beds for 24 hours post appointment.
4. Avoid scratching or touching– some areas may appear red or bumpy for a short time, this is completely normal and will go away You can apply some antiseptic cream is needed.
5. Do not apply any perfumed deodorants or creams to the area.
6. After 24 hours you may begin using a good quality moisturiser. We recommend Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Oil Body Lotion
We stock a full range of natural and skin nourishing Australian Bodycare Waxing aftercare products in all of our salons. These incredible value products are professional quality and all infused with soothing Tea Tree Oil a 100% natural and pure oil extracted from the leaves of the Australian tree, Melaleuca Alternifolia
Book your next wax today with PURE.